Friday, January 7, 2011

"Is This Thing On?" Opens Tonight!



Gallery 1988's biggest show ever opens this evening. Is This Thing On? is a collaboration with FunnyorDie.com that pays tribute to about every stand up comedian you can think of. I am very excited to be a part of it, and now that the show is opening I should be able to post my piece soon!

I was worried for a while that my piece might not make it into the show because of some grudge the post office seems to have against me. I had to put it in the mail three times, and even though I originally sent it out with over a week to spare on the deadline it ended up being late because of all the shipping problems. The first time it arrived back at my house in pieces, so I had to completely reprint and re-frame it. The second time it made it all the way to the L.A. post office where they thought it would be funny to just send it back to me. Every time that package arrived back on my doorstep it felt like I was stuck in a bad dream.

But! Everything worked out and I cannot thank Gallery 1988 enough for inviting me to participate and being so understanding about the whole thing. I would love to be able to check out the reception as I'm sure tons of comedians will be there. Sigh. I'll make it back out to L.A. at some point.


1 comment:

Ray said...

Hey,

Loved your print in the "Is this thing on?" show! Will you be selling more copies of it through your store?