Sunday, July 6, 2008

Wario Paint

Hmm...this is the biggest gap I've had between posts for a while. Busy as usual. First New York, then lots of work, then a really fun pool party/cook out. Business as usual.

There is a new game coming out for the Wii called Wario Land Shake that I'm sure I'll be picking up on the first day. You ever had a good idea that seems really obvious and you wonder why someone else hasn't implemented it yet? Thats exactly how I feel (and I'm sure plenty of other people) about Wario Land Shake. The game uses hand-drawn frames for it's character animation. In other words, it looks like you're playing a cartoon. I have always wondered why this has never really been used in a video game. I mean think about it...yeah you have bring in a traditional animator to do it, but he/she only has to animate all of the character moves once since they will then be used over and over throughout the game. I mean that's what...10 minutes of animation TOPS if your character has an enormous moves list. So kudos to the person who finally decided to use this technique in a first party side-scroller.






Oh, another obvious idea that took way too long to come to fruition? Pregnancy tests that actually display the word "pregnant." I mean come on, it took how long for those? Are you serious?


No comments: